Tuesday, April 15, 2008

MIRACLE FOOD

Lawrence's friend Burly brought us a gallon of merkels, the morel mushrooms found here in the mountains, and last night we had a feast. I had my first merkel and I want MORE. Lawrence made a thin batter with pancake mix and sauteed them in canola oil and they were scrumptious. What a unique special flavor. We also had our first fresh asparagus of the season. They started popping up in our asparagus bed 2 days ago. I used to eat the asparagus when they popped up and Lawrence wasn't getting any so he had to build a fence around the asparagus patch to keep me out. Once I was able to squeeze under the fence and get into the patch and eat all of the new sprouts but I wasn't able to get back out. When Lawrence found me trapped inside of the fence I really had a guilty look on my face. I can't help it if I have human tastes !!!!

3 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

My Human used to be good at finding morels. But she never ate any she found!

Anonymous said...

looks tasty, I remember searching the hills in the woods trying to find them when we first got the land..good times

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of merkels, i don't know if i would like them. I dont even know if you can get them near me.
Mind you they do look good.

lots of licks

candi
xox