Monday, May 19, 2008

HOME ALONE

Lawrence left me home alone today. I spent the afternoon in the backyard tied to the porch. Boy was it a long lonely day !! He went to the National Gallery of Art in Washington and had lunch with his friend Ross Merrill and saw the art exhibition In The Forest At Fontainbleau. He was really excited to see the above painting ,On The Road To Chailly ,which is one of Monet's most famous early paintings. The forest of Fontainbleau is south of Paris and is where the French artists began to do a lot of outdoor painting on site in the mid nineteenth century. Lawrence's favorite painting in the exhibit was a small painting by Monet titled Haystacks At Chailly At Sunrise which is pictured below.

It really captures the color of the early morning sky. I love it too. Now I'd like to go sniff out some trails in the forest at Fontainbleau.

1 comment:

Gaia the Airedale said...

Hi Holly! You sure are one cute Basset! My name is Gaia, Im an Airedale terrier. My moms sister LOVES Bassets, she thinks theyre the sweetest and silliest pups ever. Im sorry youve had to be home alone for so long, thats the pits. Luckily my mom takes me everywhere cause I throw a fit if I dont. Anyway, hang in there, make your human give ya some yummy cookies!

puppy breath,
-Gaia